Cruciferous Antioxidant Salad
Yield: 12 servings (Provides 12 servings vegetables)
- 1 pound broccoli florets, cut into small bites
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups cooked brown rice that has cooled
- 1-1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup raspberries
- 1 pound cauliflower, cut into small bites
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- In a large salad bowl, add rice, broccoli, cauliflower and pomegranate seeds. Toss.
- In a blender, mix balsamic vinegar with olive oil and salt and pepper. Pour over rice vegetable mixture. Toss to blend flavors.
- Add strawberries and raspberries. Toss lightly and serve.
You wouldn’t eat both these recipes for the same meal, but you could eat the Beet Broccoli Detox Salad for lunch and the Cruciferous Antioxidant Salad for dinner. Let’s look at one more recipe.
Cucumber Celery Yogurt Chicken Salad
Yield: 6 servings (10 servings vegetables)
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cucumbers, cubed
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- ½ cup fennel, diced
- 1/2 cup nopalitas (cactus leaf), diced (tastes like lime green beans)
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 3 red potatoes, cooked, cooled and cubed
- 1 sweet red onion, diced
You May Also Like:Supplements for Menopause
Related Search Topics (Ads):
- 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped
- Cook chicken. Debone it and cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Boil red potatoes. Let them cool in refrigerator. Then slice into cubes.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, celery, fennel, nopalitas, parsley, and onion. Toss lightly.
- In the blender, mix honey, yogurt, apple cider vinegar and oregano for 20 seconds. Pour over the chicken vegetable mix and toss.
- Fold in potatoes.
- Serve cold.
Why not make your salads right now for the next few days or even the week?